Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 3 - August 13

“The River Flows”

Today we went to “the rock” to climb. It’s pretty cool ‘cause there is a hard side, but an easy one as well! The rock looks like a too big stone, that doesn’t fit to the alps but neither to little stones… so there’s just a big stone laying somewhere in the middle of a wood up on a mountain next to a river…and what are we doing there?
15 strange people on a mountain in climbing outfits trying to get up this stone. Actually, it worked great..and then there was soup for lunch… Soup…like…every day. This river next to the house started to annoy me… I thought I’m going to get used to it…but, I didn’t. The night was hot.. I had to get out of my sleeping bag and drink. Nathan, Eric and Glaucia did a great job in entertaining us with challenging games and river walks… The people started to trust each other…and listened more to new thoughts…that was awesome…It’s like we’re really getting new friends (here) Especially belaying needs trust… This people hold your life (or broken arms) in their hands! But everything was well. And the river flows wandering down to the valley…
-Sara

No comments: